Abington Cultural CouncilAnne Smith
718 Woodlands WayAbington, MA 02351-1209
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
1. Grants are considered on the basis of clarity of purpose, community involvement, financial need and those with a strong focus on the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences.
1. Priority is given to applications from Abington artists and organizations.
2. The council encourages organizations to seek additional funding support for their programs and projects.
3. New applications and innovative proposals are encouraged but the applicant must have a sponsor or venue.
4. Council funds will not be used to substitute for or replace existing publicly funded programs.
5. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, religion, creed, color, national origin, disability or age.
1. Deadline for the filing period is October 15th, of each year. Applications are available at the Town Hall, Abington Public Library and at the Superintendent of Schools office.
2. All applications must be printed or typed, complete and signed.
3. The original application and two (2) copies of the same, collated and stapled, must be submitted by October 15th.
4. Applications are reviewed during an open meeting, the date of which is posted at the Town Hall.
5. Applicants will be notified in writing of the council's decision. Applicants who are denied will be given fifteen (15) days to apply in writing for reconsideration.
6. Upon completion of the project or program, all required forms including a W-9 along with proof of payment must be submitted. Failure to submit jeopardizes future funding requests.
Item #3 on the guidelines is essential. All requests for grants must have a venue.
©2001-2015. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page