Amherst Cultural CouncilHonore David & Ellen Kosmer
Jones Library43 Amity StreetAmherst, MA 01002-2285
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
Local Funding Priorities
a) Priority is given to Amherst artist(s)/cultural groups.
b) Priority is given to projects that demonstrate strong planning.
c) Priority is given to individuals with strong qualifications and/or track record.
Deadline for applications: October 15th
Applicants can be:
A) arts, humanities or interpretive science organizations;
B) individuals including artists, science educators, historians or other humanists, parents, community members, etc.;
C) community organizations including, but not limited to, schools, social service organizations, civic groups, neighborhood centers, youth, senior and family associations, etc. Incorporated organizations must be nonprofit; unincorporated associations must have a nonprofit purpose.
Applications are evaluated in terms of several review criteria:
1)Project must be arts, humanities, or interpretive science based.
2)Projects must provide public benefit.
3) Proposals from schools and libraries must not request support for activities that should be or used to be part of the municipal budget (i.e., teacher salaries, classroom supplies, school-sponsored clubs and organizations, library books/videos, etc.). Enrichment projects utilizing outside professionals are allowed.
4) Local council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for projects of a continuing nature.
5) Projects must not discriminate on any basis and must make reasonable accommodations to insure that people with disabilities have equal physical and communications access.
6) Project requests for capital expenditures (items that value over $500 and have a life span of more than 3 years) require additional information in the form of supplemental questions and must demonstrate a 2:1 funding match.
7) Local council funds may not be used to purchase food.
8) Individual students are not eligible to apply for scholarships. An organization may sponsor a scholarship provided it shows evidence of an open and fair review and award process. The applicant organization must also ensure a public benefit component in which the award recipient “gives back” to the community in the form of a lecture, master class, exhibit, performance, etc.
9) Venues must be confirmed when submitting an application. Please include a letter from the venue as confirmation.
10) For non-field trip grants: only one application from each organization or individual will be considered (i.e., multi-program/project requests must be combined under one application).
11) We encourage applications from students, but we do not encourage projects whose sole purpose is fulfillment of a requirement for a degree program.
12) From repeat applicants, new programming/projects will be given preference.
13) We encourage first-time applicants.
14) At events where no admission is charged, we encourage the applicant to suggest free-will donations to supplement whatever other funding you receive.
15) Guidelines for Field Trip Applications:
a) When considering multiple applications from the same school in any one grant cycle, the Amherst Cultural Council will not consider more than one event for any one student to participate.
In order to ensure that funds for field trips are available to the broadest number of students, the ACC will generally only fund one trip per grade per school, and gives the preference to trips that serve the entire grade rather than individual classes. In some cases, the ACC may choose to fund more than one field trip per grade per school, but only if the field trips benefit different classes and the same class does not go on more than one field trip. Otherwise the ACC will select the one field trip that best meets our local review criteria.
b) Please list exact number of students in each grade you wish to take for this field trip grant. For instance, if there are 3 classes of 3rd grade, let us know if each class will attend this event, and how many students are in each class. If both 3rd and 4th grade will attend, please list how many classes there are in each grade, and how many students are in each class, and let us know if each class from each grade will attend.
c) Travel expenditures (e.g. buses,) will not be reimbursed.
d) Tickets for chaperones, other than one teacher per class, who accompanies the group, will not be paid for.
e) The specific date of the performance/event should be stated, and if it is not available, information should be given explaining when the date will be set.
f) ACC gives preference to field trip requests that clearly relate to classroom curriculum.
g). Please describe how you will integrate this field trip into classroom activities.
16) ) If any grant is awarded, no partial payments will be made. There is only a one-time reimbursement process, upon completion of the project, and only up to the amount of the grant.
We will consider all grants.
Submit 10 COPIES OF THE APPLICATION to The Jones Library, 43 Amity Street, Amherst, MA 01002. Applications must be postmarked/received by October 15th to be considered.
Applications must be collated and individually attached.
©2001-2016. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page