Chester Cultural CouncilGail Tingley
26 Main StreetChester, MA 01011-9233
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
Applicants can be: a) arts, humanities or science organizations; b) individuals including artists, science educators, historians or other humanists, parents, community members, etc.; c) community organizations including, but not limited to, schools, social service organizations, civic groups, churches, neighborhood centers, youth, senior and family associations, etc.; Incorporated organizations must be nonprofit; unincorporated associations must have a nonprofit purpose. Organizations must be organized and operating in the state for at least one year. Criteria include artistic, humanistic or scientific quality, value to the community, quality of planning, community support and/or involvement and the track record of the applicant. The applicant's qualifications must be demonstrated, and if the applicant is not directly leading the activity (i.e., a community agency is hiring an artist), then qualifications of the individual(s) leading the activity must also be described. Proposals from schools and libraries must not request support for activities that should be or have been part of the municipal budget (i.e. teacher salaries, classroom supplies, school-sponsored clubs and organizations, library books/videos, etc.). Enrichment projects utilizing outside professionals are allowed. Chester based applicants are given preference over those from out of town. Funded activities must take place in physically accessible spaces. The Council will carefully scrutinize repeat requests; such proposals should include other sources of support to show the project is not dependent solely on Council funding.
All grants are subject to the following conditions. Failure to comply may jeopardize full payment of the grant award:
• Projects must demonstrate their relationship to the town;
• Projects must be completed within one year of the date of the final written notice of grant award approved locally and by the state;
• Events/activities must be held in physically accessible facilities;
• Payments are on a reimbursement basis after the project is completed. Payment requests must document expenses with invoices, canceled checks, receipts and/or contracts;
• All applications must be typed;
• In all published materials and announcements regarding the activities supported by LCC funds, the sponsoring group or individual must acknowledge this support with a written and/or verbal credit statement or by using the MCC logo. The credit statement is "This program is supported in part by a grant from the Chester Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency." The logo is available at the MCC's web site: www.massculturalcouncil.org or from the MCC upon request on a camera-ready slick sheet or on diskette (Mac or PC). Credit is required by the MCC and failure to comply may jeopardize future funding;
Location to Return Completed Applications: Chester Cultural Council, 15 Middlefield Road, Chester, MA 01011
©2001-2015. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page