Dalton Cultural CouncilMonica Montferret
Town Hall462 Main StreetDalton, MA 01226-1601
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
Priority will be given to the following:
1. Applications and applicants within our local community in the following order: Dalton, Berkshire County, out of county;
3. Projects emphasizing cultural diversity; and
Dalton Cultural Council
Applicant Criteria and Guidelines
Cultural Council funds are awarded to groups, individual artists, institutions, and organizations that are dedicated to productive and creative efforts in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences.
The general principles of the Massachusetts Cultural Council guidelines include the following:
1. Funds should support programs in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Massachusetts.
2. Projects should be accessible and available to the public.
3. Funds should encourage projects, which have demonstrated community support and benefit.
4. Council funds are not intended to substitute for or replace existing responsibility for public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, or interpretive sciences.
5. Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for projects of continuing nature.
6. Quality will be a major consideration in all decision making.
A copy of the Massachusetts Local Cultural Council Guidelines can be found in the Dalton Cultural Council envelope at the Dalton Public Library during the application
Please submit the original application form and two copies. The original application form should be typed, signed and dated. Incomplete applications may not be considered. Completed applications must be postmarked by October 15, 2011. Please mail to the Dalton Cultural Council, Town Hall, 462 Main Street, Dalton, MA 01226
Applicants with questions or concerns may contact the chair of the DCC at 413-684-1218
Notice will be sent out after the Dalton Cultural Council has reviewed all applications. Disapproval notices will be mailed out first. There is a 15 day period during which applicants can appeal a disapproval decision. We next send our list to the Massachusetts Cultural Council for review and approval
Awards are given on a reimbursement basis. Reimbursement forms and proof of your reimbursable payments should be submitted within 60 days of completion of your project.
©2001-2014. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page