Dalton Cultural CouncilMonica Montferret
Town Hall462 Main StreetDalton, MA 01226-1601
primary 413/648-6111 x11
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
The Dalton Cultural Council gathers input from the community yearly and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the Dalton Cultural Council will give priority to the following:
1. Applications and applicants within our local community in the following order: Dalton, Berkshire County, out of county
2. Applicants who secure a local venue and local sponsorship. Past experience shows this leads to better community support and involvement.
3. Projects that serve families, youth or the elderly
4. New applicants
5. Projects supporting diverse forms of cultural activities
(In addition, applications must meet the MCC state criteria: demonstrating public benefit, non-discrimination, no substitution, and arts/humanities/interpretive sciences.)
Dalton Cultural Council funds are awarded to groups, individual artists, institutions, and organizations that are dedicated to productive and creative efforts in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences.
1. Funds should support programs in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Massachusetts.
2. Projects should be accessible and available to the public.
3. Applicants from outside of the local community that secure a local venue and sponsorship should include in their application a letter of support from the sponsor and venue.
4. Council funds are not intended to substitute for or replace existing responsibility for public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, or interpretive sciences.
5. Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for projects of continuing nature.
6. Quality will be a major consideration in all decision making.
A complete copy of the Massachusetts Local Cultural Council Regulations and Guidelines can be found online at http://www.massculturalcouncil.org/applications/lccguidelines.pdf
All applications must be typed or word processed. The application form can be completed and printed out at http://www.massculturalcouncil.org/applications/lccapp.asp. The Dalton Library has access to the Internet.
When filling out the application, use the space provided to answer questions. One additional 8 1/2"x 11" page to complete questions is allowed. Include three copies with the original and one set of supporting materials such as resume(s) of key personnel, organizational brochures, letters of support/commitment, artist samples (video, slides, writings, portfolio, etc.). Answer questions clearly, simply and as completely as space allows and addressing the state and local review criteria.
Completed applications must be received by hand at the Dalton Town Clerk's office by October 15 or be postmarked by October 15. (If hand delivering be aware that Town Hall is closed Friday-Sunday and holidays) Late applications cannot be accepted. The Dalton Cultural Council cannot be held responsible for applications lost in the mail. If an application is lost and the applicant can demonstrate that an application was sent by the postmarked deadline, the council will consider the application on-time. Without proof, the council will treat the application as late and ineligible for funding. Therefore, it is highly recommend applicants send applications with “delivery confirmation” as a precaution. Applicants with questions or concerns may contact the DCC chairperson at the Dalton Town Hall, (413)684-6111 ext.11.
Completed applications must be received or postmarked by October 15. Send application and support materials to the Dalton Cultural Council, 462 Main Street, Dalton, MA 01226.
Application deadline -- October 15
Notification of disapproved applications – Late November through January 15th
Notification of approval – 15 days following the date of disapproval notification
Reimbursement requests due -- (60 days after event but no later than one year from approval notification)
Payments are made on a reimbursement basis only. Reimbursements generally take 8 to 10 weeks. Applicants are sent a reimbursement form to use for their payment request and a DCC feedback survey. Projects and payment requests need to be completed within one year of the final award notification. With permission of the council, progress or interim payments may be requested for the portion of the project that has been carried out. Final reimbursement will not be made until the project is completed.
Requests for project modifications and extensions beyond the grant period will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be submitted in writing. Modification requests should be made before the change is implemented. Extension requests should be submitted no later than one year from the date of the approval letter. The council will review and vote on the request and notify applicants in writing of its decision.
©2001-2016. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page