The Dalton Cultural Council gathers input from the community yearly and develops funding priorities based on this feedback. This year the Dalton Cultural Council will give priority to the following:
• Applications and applicants within our local community in the following order: Dalton, Berkshire County, out of county.
• Applicants who secure a local venue and local sponsorship. Past experience shows this leads to better community support and involvement.
• Projects that serve families, youth or the elderly
• New applicants
• Projects supporting diverse forms of cultural activities
Cultural Council funds are awarded to groups, individual artists, institutions, and organizations that are dedicated to productive and creative efforts in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences.
1. Funds should support programs in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Massachusetts.
2. Projects should be accessible and available to the public.
3. Applicants from outside of the local community that secure a local venue and sponsorship should include in their application a letter of support from the sponsor and venue.
4. Council funds are not intended to substitute for or replace existing responsibility for public funding of programs in the arts, humanities, or interpretive sciences.
5. Council funds are not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for projects of continuing nature.
6. Quality will be a major consideration in all decision making.
7. The Dalton Cultural Council will only be accepting applications online. We will not accept paper applications.
Please direct questions regarding the online form to firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-858-2721.