In order to apply for an LCC grant, applicants must meet all eligibility and criteria requirements of the LCC Program.
For more detailed information, refer to the full LCC Program Regulations and Guidelines (PDF).
Amount Available for Granting in FY
(Information not yet available)
Applications for field trips are not accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
The Foxborough Cultural Council is pleased to be one of 351 cities and towns in Massachusetts to award funds in partnership with the Massachusetts Cultural Council. These funds are granted to qualified individuals and organizations to support cultural projects that benefit the community. Eligible disciplines include arts, humanities and interpretive sciences. Applications are sought annually and evaluated on a competitive basis in the fall. Grant awards typically range between $50 and $500. Larger awards are given on occasion. New or previously unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to discuss their proposals with a council member before the deadline; members may be reached at the contact information listed above. General Information about both the Foxborough Cultural Council and the Massachusetts Cultural Council may be found online at www.massculturalcouncil.org or www.mass-culture.org.
Applicants can be:
a) arts, humanities or interpretive science organizations;
b) individuals including artists, science educators, historians or other humanists, parents, community members, etc.;
c) community organizations including, but not limited to, schools, social service organizations, municipal agencies and civic groups, religious organizations, neighborhood centers, youth, senior and family associations, etc.;
Incorporated organizations must be nonprofit; unincorporated associations must have a nonprofit objective. Applicants must reside in Massachusetts and should have been engaged in the kind of activity for which funds are requested for at least one year.
LOCAL GUIDELINES, FUNDING PRIORITIES, AND CONDITIONS:
****PLEASE READ AND ABIDE BY OUR LOCAL GUIDELINES WHEN SUBMITTING A GRANT APPLICATION. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION. Our local guidelines are based on and exists in addition to the Massachusetts Cultural Council State Guidelines which are available for review at www.massculturalcouncil.org or www.mass-culture.org.
Grant proposals are evaluated by a municipally appointed panel of artists, humanists and community representatives. Local council funds may only be used to support programs in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in Massachusetts. Criteria include artistic, humanistic or scientific quality, value to the community, quality of planning, community support and/or involvement and the track record of the applicant. The applicant's qualifications must be demonstrated, and if the applicant is not directly leading the activity (i.e., a community agency is hiring an artist), then qualifications of the individual(s) leading the activity must also be described.
1. Foxborough based applicants will be given preference over out of town applicants. Funded events should take place in Foxborough, or at least be easily accessible to Foxborough residents.
2. Applicants must provide written documentation of a confirmed request for the performance, or a confirmed venue and/or date, from the sponsoring organization.
3. Projects must demonstrate their relationship to the town; they must show a direct benefit to Foxborough residents.
Proposals from schools, libraries and municipal agencies must not request support for activities that should be or have been part of the municipal budget (i.e. teacher salaries or stipends, classroom supplies, school-sponsored clubs and organizations, school plays, library books/videos, capital expenditures etc.). Only enrichment projects utilizing outside professionals are allowed. All applicants proposing to work in the Foxborough public schools must receive and document approval from the Superintendent of Schools or the building Principal.
5. Funded activities must take place in handicapped accessible venues.
6. The track record of the applicant will be strongly considered.
7. Non-Dependence: Since the local council funding is not intended to be used as the sole source of funding for projects of a continuing nature, the Council will carefully scrutinize repeat requests. The LCC may consider awarding graduated, decreased funding to any applicant and/or organization that seeks funding for similar type projects on an annual basis. Receipt of LCC funding in the current granting year does not guarantee funding in subsequent years.
8. Funded events must take place during an 18 month window of eligibility between July 1, preceding the application in October, and December 31st of the following year. Applicants who apply for grants for projects that have already taken place, do so with the knowledge that funding is not guaranteed.
9. Grant recipients are required to acknowledge both LCC and MCC support in their published or electronic materials such as flyers, brochures, programs and press releases, with a "credit statement" and/or the MCC logo. The credit statement reads as follows: "This program is supported in part by a grant from the Foxborough Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency." . The MCC logo as well as credit and publicity requirements are available at the MCC's web site: www.massculturalcouncil.org. Credit acknowledgement is required by the MCC, and failure to comply may jeopardize future funding.
10. The Foxborough Cultural Council should be notified two weeks before any funded project or event takes place. Notification may be written or verbal.
11. The Foxborough LCC will not consider funding any scholarships, tuition reimbursement, travel expenses, or capital expenditures for applicants at this time.
12. The Foxborough LCC does not fund any school field trip expenses at this time.
****PLEASE READ AND ABIDE BY THESE PROCEDURES WHEN SUBMITTING A GRANT APPLICATION. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES MAY LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
1. All applicants must submit their proposal on an official LCC application form. Forms are available online at www.mass-culture.org, as well as at the Boyden Library and the Town Hall. Completed grant applications must be received at Town Hall by Oct. 15th. (a valid postmark is acceptable). Late applications will not be accepted!
2. Applications must be typewritten or completed online and printed out for submission to the council. When filling out the application, use the space provided to answer questions. One additional 8 1/2" x 11" page to complete questions is allowed if necessary.
3. Applicants must submit a set of supporting materials. This may include slides, tapes, videocassette, CDs, DVDs, resume, publicity, critical reviews, photos, or other printed materials. Letters of support/commitment from sponsoring organizations are required. Documentation of the event site confirmation, including contact person, must be included.
4. Applicants must submit 10 copies of all application material including all supporting materials.
5. Applications must be completely filled out, including the budget page.
6. The original copy of the grant application must be signed by the applicant before submission.
7. For any questions, please contact LCC members at the contact information listed above.
1. Grant applicants will be notified in writing of their status sometime during December or January. All necessary information will be included in the letter.
REIMBURSEMENT PROCEDURES FOR FUNDED GRANTS
1. The Foxborough Cultural Council should be notified two weeks before any funded project or event takes place. Notification may be written or verbal.
2. All LCC grants are reimbursement-based; payments are sent to grantees on a reimbursement basis after the project is completed.
3. Grantees have one year from the date of their Approval letter to submit a request for payment, using the approved Reimbursement Form. The form is included in the applicant's Approval letter, and is also available online at www.massculturalcouncil.org.
4.Reimbursement forms must be filled in completely, and must include documentation of expenses such as copies of invoices, canceled checks, receipts and/or contracts. A W-9 form or documentation of applicant's social security number or tax exempt/Federal I.D. number must be attached.
5. Reimbursement forms and documentation must be submitted to the Foxborough Cultural Council within 60 days of project completion. Forms may be mailed to, or dropped off at the Foxborough Town Hall.
6. Reimbursement requests will be processed in approximately 4 to 8 weeks.