Hadley Cultural CouncilSusan Norris
Hadley Town Hall100 Middle StreetHadley, MA 01035-9516
primary 413 584 8970
secondary 413 584 8970
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
Priority will be given to grants applications that will provide programing, services, or benefit artists in the Town of Hadley.
A. Criteria/Funding Philosophy
MCC Program Requirements from the LCC Handbook, Chapter 3, pg. 24
1. Funds are to be used for arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences only.
2. There must be a public benefit.
3. Funds must not be used to substitute for or replace existing publicly funded programs.
4. Funds are not to be used as the sole means of support for projects of a continuing nature.
5. Applicants may not be discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, religion, creed, color, national origin, disability, or age.
1. Projects should reflect a diversity and support for different disciplines in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences.
2. There should be balance and variety between well-established, frequently-funded projects and new projects.
3. Project should be financially reasonable.
4. Location of project should be physically accessible, if possible.
5. Special consideration may be given to a project initiated by a Hadley resident.
6. Projects should reach out to different segments of the Hadley population, including, but not limited to the underserved, youth, and senior citizens.
7. These Priorities may be revised annually by the Hadley Cultural Council.
(These policies are reprinted on award letters.)
1. Funded projects must take place within the next calendar year following the Letter of Approval (normally late December).
2. The Council Chairperson must be notified of the project’s performance date and given publicity plans or materials at least four weeks prior to the commencement of the project.
3. Applicants will be responsible for publicizing their event. Acknowledgement of funding by the Hadley Cultural Council should be included in all promotional materials.
4. Applicants should have a plan for a specific site for the project and contacts with Hadley institutions to help in promoting the project and, if necessary, help in sponsoring part of the project.
5. Applicant will submit six (6) copies of the application pages to the Hadley Cultural Council. Include only one set of supporting materials, e.g., brochures, tapes, flyers, etc., with copies of the application.
©2001-2014. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page