The Lunenburg Cultural Council, in partnership with the Massachusetts Cultural Council awards funds each fall. These funds are granted to qualified individuals and organizations to support cultural projects that benefit the community
The LCC met Dec. 12, 2012 at the Lunenburg Public Library to decide grant distribution for this year's cycle (2013). All rejection and acceptance letters will be mailed by Dec. 30th.
Lunenburg Cultural CouncilBrent Benson
Town Hall17 Main StreetLunenburg, MA 01462-1484
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
see local guidlinnes
Effective September 1, 2006
Proposals and Application Checklist
The Lunenburg Cultural Council, in partnership with the Massachusetts Cultural Council awards funds each fall. These funds are granted to qualified individuals and organizations to support cultural projects that benefit the community.
Applicants can be: a) arts, humanities or interpretive science organizations; b) individuals including artists, science educators, historians or other humanists, parents, community members, etc.; c) community organizations including, but not limited to schools, social service organizations, civic groups, churches, neighborhood centers, youth, senior and family associations, etc. Incorporated organizations must be nonprofit; unincorporated associations must have a nonprofit purpose.
Applications for grants are evaluated by a committee appointed by the Board of Selectmen comprised of Lunenburg resident volunteers. The committee will evaluate each application by the following criteria: artistic, humanistic or scientific quality, value to the community, quality of planning, community support, number of community members affected by the project, local sponsorship, and educational value of programming. School related proposals must be for enrichment activities and not for programs, supplies or salaries that should be part of the school budget. Repeat application projects or programs that have been funded in previous years will be carefully scrutinized; such proposals should include other sources of support to show the project is not dependent solely on Council funding.
Application Procedure and Location
All applicants must submit their proposal on an official application form. Forms are available at the Town Clerk’s office or from any member of the council. The application form can also be completed online and printed out for submission to the Council. Go to www.massculturalcouncil.org. When filling out the application, use the space provided to answer questions. One additional 8 1/2” x 11” page to complete questions is allowed. Completed applications must be received at the Town Clerk’s Office (located at Town Hall) by October 15th (if the 15th falls on a weekend day or a holiday, the next business day is acceptable), a valid postmark is acceptable.
Field Trip Grants
Field Trip Grants provide funds for the purchase of tickets and/or transportation for cultural field trips for children (preK-12) in public, private and parochial schools, as well as those in special needs, after-school and other youth groups. Activities, which include performances, educational tours or exhibits and museum visits, must take place outside of the school setting. Tickets must cost $12 or less. Field Trip application forms are available in the same locations as the general application form.
Applicants are required to submit one set of supporting materials. These may include slides, tapes, videocassette, resume, publicity, critical reviews, and/or printed materials. Letters of support/commitment from sponsoring organizations are strongly encouraged. If an applicant states that he/she will be working with another person or organization, or conducting the project in a specific facility, a letter of commitment or agreement from the individual/organization/facility’s representative must be submitted with the application.
1) Projects must demonstrate their relationship to the town.
2) Projects must be completed within one year of the date of the final written notice of grant award approved locally and by the state.
3) Events/activities must be held in physically accessible facilities.
4) Payments are on a reimbursement basis after the project is completed. Payment requests must document expenses with invoices, canceled checks, receipts and/or contracts.
5) In all published materials and announcements regarding the activities supported by LCC funds, the sponsoring group or individual must acknowledge this support with a written and/or verbal credit statement or by using the MCC logo. The credit statement is “This program is supported in part by a grant from the Lunenburg Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency.” The logo is available at the MCC’s website: www.massculturalcouncil.org or from the MCC upon request on a camera-ready slick sheet or on diskette (Mac or PC). Credit is required by the MCC and failure to comply may jeopardize future funding.
Location to Return Completed Applications: Lunenburg Cultural Council, c/o Lunenburg Town Hall, 17 Main Street, Lunenburg, MA 01462
Current Members of the Council:
©2001-2015. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page