In order to apply for an LCC grant, applicants must meet all eligibility and criteria requirements of the LCC Program.
For more detailed information, refer to the full LCC Program Regulations and Guidelines (PDF).
Amount Available for Granting in FY
(Information not yet available)
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
- We encourage and wish to support programs across all disciplines – the visual arts, music, humanities, drama, and interpretive sciences.
- Our goal is to provide financial support to projects that appeal to the diverse population of our community - families, adults, youth and/or seniors.
- Priority is given to applications from Melrose organizations and individuals.
- We encourage first time applicants.
- Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, gender, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age.
- Ideally programs will take place in a handicapped accessible Melrose location
(with the exception of field trip grants).
- Grant proposal deadline is October 15 (postmark).
- Please complete all questions on the proposal including attachments. Incomplete (including unsigned) proposals will not be considered.
- The Council requests the delivery of one original plus 9 copies of the proposal, stapled plus one copy of supporting material.
- Multiple grant proposals require separate applications.
- Projects must be scheduled for the upcoming calendar year (January 1 – December 31) with a completion date during that year.
- We do not accept multi-year grant requests.
- Due to limited funding, the Melrose Cultural Council grants only partial funds for a project. Programs must have additional sources of funding.
- MCC grants are awarded on a reimbursement basis. No money is given upfront. Award money will be available to you after you have completed your project and submitted the required documentation.
- We would appreciate having funded organizations notify the Council at MelroseCultural@gmail.com with the date and time of the event, in advance of the program.
- If a funded proposal does not occur, the Council requests notice as soon as possible. No substitutions are allowed.
- Applications for school field trips are accepted. The Council will not fund transportation or refreshments costs.
- Grant recipients must acknowledge the Massachusetts Cultural Council and Melrose Cultural Council by using MCC’s credit log and/or credit line in all promotional materials (including online and print). Funded proposals will be provided with the link to the MCC information.
An online application will be available September 1, 2016