Millbury Cultural CouncilClaire Forgues
127 Elm StreetMillbury, MA 01527-2632
(Information not yet available)
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
The Millbury Cultural Council supports community cultural projects through its two grant programs. It awards arts lottery and field trip program grants each year. Field trip grants are a ticket subsidy for school groups to attend cultural events. See PASS Program below.
The Millbury Cultural Council is a non-profit organization. The Massachusetts Cultural Council is the governing organization from which funds are derived. Its mission is “to promote excellence, access, education, and diversity in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences in order to improve the quality of life for all Massachusetts residents and to contribute to the economic vitality of our communities.” The Council, appointed by the selectmen, places priority on new initiatives and gives preference to artists and events that benefit Millbury. The Commonwealth has guidelines to which the local communities must adhere. Millbury’s guidelines are additional to the Commonwealth’s.
Massachusetts artists and non-profit organizations may apply for partial funding for presentations that feature workshops, lectures, performances, exhibitions, festivals, science education, music and the arts.
The Council also encourages local artists who have not had an opportunity to present their work in the community to develop ideas for consideration that would result in the possibility of their being given a stipend, i.e. music students performing for local audiences.
The Millbury Cultural Council Guidelines are specific criteria that Millbury’s local cultural council has determined will enhance and encourage cultural events offered to various groups in Millbury. The following guidelines are considered when awarding grants:
1. Applications must be postmarked on or before October 15 (additional applications may be accessed through www.massculturalcouncil.org/applications). Programs must be presented between January 1-December 31, 2014.
2. The Millbury Cultural Council encourages eligible applicants to secure additional funding through collaboration or other sources as the Council may only award partial funding.
3. Preference will be given to applicants who live or work in Millbury, and who offer programs and presentations that specifically benefit a wide range of audiences in the Millbury community.
4. An applicant who is funded two successive years will have lower priority in the third year.
5. Applicants should have an arranged venue for their activity and a date (if a specific date is not available, please give general timeframe).
6. Activities must take place in a handicap accessible facility.
7. The qualifications of the individuals/organizations involved and the population segments served will be reviewed.
8. Applicants should submit letters of support, critical reviews, slides, tapes or portfolios as appropriate.
Field Trip grants fund students in grades preK-12 to attend performing arts events in facilities outside of their schools. Maximum reimbursement for admission to events or institutions will be up to $12 or less. The children must attend performances that do not take place in a school during normal school hours. Field trip grants may be used for transportation at the Council’s discretion.
Historically, the Council gives a minimum of 50% of its funding to programs that target families, teens and seniors. In a recent survey of community preference, these groups were ranked the highest.
Applications can be sent to: Millbury Cultural Council, Millbury Town Hall, 127 Elm Street, Millbury, MA 01527. Any questions may be directed to chair Claire Forgues. Revised 9/1/14.
©2001-2015. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page