In order to apply for an LCC grant, applicants must meet all eligibility and criteria requirements of the LCC Program.
For more detailed information, refer to the full LCC Program Regulations and Guidelines (PDF).
Amount Available for Granting in FY
(Information not yet available)
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
New Bedford Cultural Council (NBCC) grants are open to individual artists, arts organizations, community organizations, and municipal agencies. All projects funded by the NBCC must be based in New Bedford and must benefit the citizens of New Bedford through exhibits, performances, readings, demonstrations, or by other means. The NBCC prefers to fund local applicants who live or work in the city. The NBCC does not provide funding for operating support. 2015-2016 NBCC Funding Priorities will go to projects that fit priorities gathered from the NBCC 2015-2016 Community Input Survey, listed below:
PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO APPLICANTS THAT SHOW COLLABORATION
1. Public Art / Outdoor Sculpture- we encourage collaboration
2. Low Cost or free Outdoor Concerts / Festivals / Cultural Events
3. Events or projects that are free for youth/teens
4. Support for Individual Artists
The New Bedford Cultural Council (hereafter referred to as NBCC) grant process is governed by requirements and regulations established by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, failure to comply may jeopardize a grant application. Each year the NBCC adjusts its Guidelines and criteria based on input from the Community Input Survey.
1. The project must benefit New Bedford citizens and must take place in New Bedford.
2. Maximum standard grant request allowed is $4,000.00 per organization or individual.
3. The qualifications of the individual or organization and the quality of the work are considered by the NBCC.
4. NBCC funding may not be used as the sole means of support for projects. The NBCC looks more favorably on applicants who pursue other funding sources to support their projects.
5. Local council funds may only be used to support programs in the arts, humanities, and interpretive sciences. This definition includes the study, pursuit, performance, exhibition, and appreciation of cultural activities in the broadest sense.
6. If the budget includes salaries or stipends, attach a detailed breakdown of the allocation of funds for salaries on a separate page.
7. Previously funded projects are strongly encouraged to add a new element to the project plan on a separate page.
8. If individuals or an organization collaborate on a single application, one member of the collaboration must be designated as the lead applicant for fiscal management purposes.
9. Project Locations (i.e. performance venue/gallery space) and dates must be secured in advance of application and applicants include a commitment letter from the venue.
ABOVE CRITERIA NOT FOLLOWED MAY CAUSE YOUR GRANT TO BE DISQUALIFIED.
This is a reimbursement program; no money is given up front. Award money will be available to you only after you have completed your project. Funds will be expended within 12 months of award notification. Food, lodging, fund-raising and capital expenditures are not funded by NBCC. Any changes in location or date must be approved in writing by the NBCC. Receipts are required for reimbursement.
FIELD TRIP REVIEW CRITERIA
FIELD TRIPS ARE FOR K-12 ONLY - ALL OTHERS MUST USE STANDARD GRANT APPLICATION
1. Based on the Community Input Survey, the NBCC will give priority to those field trip applications that offer learning opportunities that directly connect to existing school curriculum. .
2. Schools are eligible based on population in the ranges posted below:
2. In one paragraph, please describe how this trip/program directly connects or relates to classroom learning. and what previous learning and follow-up will occur to deepen this experience?”
- Under 150 students = max $500
- 151-250 = max $1,000
- 251- 400 = max $1,250
- 401- 750 = max $1,500
- 751- 1,000= max $1,650
- 1,001 – 1,250 =max $1,800
- 1,251-1,500 = max $2,000
- 1,501-2,000 = max $2,250
- 2,001+ = max 2,500<
3. In the event that more than one class plans to attend one and the same event on the same date and time, the school may submit one application on the behalf of those classes, provided that the total budget does not exceed the maximum grant
4. Funds CAN used for programs that take place in school during school hours.
5. Tickets for events must be purchased in advance by the applicant, who is later reimbursed by the local cultural council. Please remember to include invoices when submitting for reimbursement.
6. If a large number of applications are submitted in a given cycle, schools and organizations submitting multiple applications must prioritize their requests in order of desired importance or need.
7. Applicants MUST include the date, time, location and name of performance or program to be attended on the application.
MASS CULTURAL COUNCIL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:\
Grant recipients are required to acknowledge the LCC and the MCC as funding sources.
Proof of credit acknowledgment MUST be included in all published materials, announcements, and websites that promote your grant funded project. These materials must then be included in your reimbursement packet. This acknowledgment is required by the Mass Cultural Council and failure to comply may jeopardize your reimbursement and/or future funding. Please be certain to include the MCC logo on all promotional materials and websites along with the following credit statement:
"This program is supported in part by a grant from the New Bedford Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency."
CRITERIA THAT IS NOT MET AND APPLICATION PROCEDURES THAT ARE NOT FOLLOWED MAY CAUSE YOUR GRANT TO BE DISQUALIFIED.
COMPILING YOUR GRANT PACKET. Your grant application packet must be typed and must contain the following:
1. ONE (1) signed original LCC Grant Application and FIFTEEN (15) copies, for a total of SIXTEEN (16) Grant Applications. Including supporting paper documentation, including critical personnel resumes. Duplicate copies of slides, photo albums, videos, CD's, and DVD's are not necessary.
2. Please COLLATE AND STAPLE the Grant Application with the supporting documentation to create a total of SIXTEEN (16) individual grant packets.
3. A statement of curriculum connections for all field trip grants.
All applications must be postmarked on or before the October 15th deadline.
Applications may be mailed to:
P.O. Box 2027
New Bedford, MA 02741
or hand delivered by the deadline date by 4:00 PM or sent to the following:
New Bedford City Hall
133 William Street
New Bedford, MA 02740
GRANT APPLICATION CHECK LIST
TO ENSURE THAT YOUR APPLICATION CAN BE PROCESSED, PLEASE LOOK OVER THE REQUIREMENTS AND DOUBLE-CHECK THE FOLLOWING:
Must use current 2015-2016 grant application, no other versions will be accepted.
Project takes place in New Bedford.
Project venue (if applicable) is handicapped accessible.
Projected total income and projected total expenses are the same amount.
NB LCC is not the sole source of income for the project.
Application packet includes one signed original.
signed Reimbursement Form
Original receipts and invoices
Proof of NBCC/MCC credit