Newton Cultural Council
c/o Linda R. Plaut225 Nevada StreetNewton, MA 02460-1212
Applications for field trips are not accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
Newton Cultural Council Guidelines
APPLICATIONS must be in the Newton Cultural Council office at the Newton Cultural Center by OCTOBER 15: 225 Nevada Street, Newton, MA 02460
Please read these Guidelines carefully before filling out the application. These Guidelines are in addition to the Guidelines provided by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
FUNDING PERIOD: July 2011-December 2012 (this represents a change made by the Massachusetts Cultural Council)
OBJECTIVES: To support activities that contribute to the cultural vitality of Newton as a whole, through funding creative, cultural and humanistic projects involving Newton cultural organizations and Newton artists and humanists.
1. Non-profit, tax exempt under Section 501 (C ) (3) of the Internal Revenue Service.
2. Unincorporated associations that come together with a common cultural or humanistic goal.
1. The Council encourages artists in any discipline, to apply for grants.
2. Individuals must show a public benefit result from their project. This may include a public presentation, a performance, lecture, reading, open studio (or studio visit), or a slide show at a public place such as the Newton Cultural Center, cable TV, a school or senior center.
1. Must be typed. All questions must be clearly and completely stated within the space provided.
2. Budget page must balance and be arithmetically correct.
3. Dates, times and venues for projects must be committed and in place; contact names, email addresses and telephone numbers of venue must be listed for applications to be considered.
4. Indicate other funding sources you are seeking.
5. Include ONE set only, of supporting materials: examples of work, photos, cassettes, videotapes, letters of support, slides.
6. For return of your materials, include a proper sized, self-addressed stamped envelope with your application.
7. Submit a SIGNED original application plus 10 additional copies.
Flyers, programs, announcements, invitations, etc. for all funded projects must include the Newton Cultural Council/Massachusetts Cultural Council logo. The MCC logo alone will not be acceptable. All announcements must also include the phrase: “This program is sponsored in part by a grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council as administered by the Newton Cultural Council.” Failure to do this will jeopardize future funding.
©2001-2013. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page