In order to apply for an LCC grant, applicants must meet all eligibility and criteria requirements of the LCC Program.
For more detailed information, refer to the full LCC Program Regulations and Guidelines (PDF).
Amount Available for Granting in FY
(Information not yet available)
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
Ver 3.01 31 Aug 2015
For each submitted application that meets the state's eligibility requirements and criteria for funding, the Council will use the following to further compare and assess each project's merit against others in the year's application pool:
(1) top priority will be given to applications in which the applicant is a resident of North Reading or is collaborating with North Reading sponsors. For the latter, a letter from the North Reading sponsor, indicating their support for / role in the project, is to be included with the application at the same time it is submitted.
(2) favor will be given to projects reaching under-served populations in North Reading.
(3) when reviewing school-based applications, favor will be given to projects when they clearly articulate how the project works to enhance the school’s curriculum.
(4) in order to fund broadly within the community as recommended by the state council; repeat applicants and programs will be given a lower priority.
(5) projects that reach a cross-section of generations in North Reading will be favored when possible; additionally the size of the intended audience will be taken into account.
There are many details in a grant application. Please pay particular attention to the quality of what is submitted and that the below guidelines have been taken into account.
(1) When submitting grant applications, be aware of the project dates. Only projects to occur within the upcoming calendar year (January 1 to December 31) will be considered. Projects for the current calendar year cannot be considered.
(2) Applications should have project dates defined as clearly as they can be at the time the application is submitted.
(3) Accuracy and thoroughness are important; read the questions carefully and answer them completely. Be sure to double check all dollar numbers and be sure they make sense.
(4) The Council does partially fund projects. We strongly suggest that you seek alternate sources of support to supplement your grant.
(5) Remember, the application packet must be mailed to the NRCC at North Reading Town Hall, 235 North Street, North Reading, MA 01864 and must be postmarked by October 15.
(6) Only one copy of your materials is needed.
An online application will be available September 1, 2016