In order to apply for an LCC grant, applicants must meet all eligibility and criteria requirements of the LCC Program.
For more detailed information, refer to the full LCC Program Regulations and Guidelines (PDF).
Amount Available for Granting in FY
(Information not yet available)
Applications for field trips are accepted. (Formerly known as PASS applications.)
LCC Program Guidelines (PDF)
The postmark deadline for applications is October 15
Projects must represent a solid contribution to the vitality of Pittsfield’s cultural life. Priority will be given to:
- Projects planned by Pittsfield artists or organizations
- Projects with a direct benefit to Pittsfield residents
- Projects that are accessible for free or at minimal cost to community members
- Projects that promote community engagement and cohesion
- Projects that reach diverse audiences, especially those that do not usually benefit from arts offerings
- New applications and/or new projects (as opposed to individuals/organizations that have received funding in recent years for the same or similar projects)
- Projects for which a thorough and complete budget has been presented
LIMITS OF FUNDING
- The maximum grant amount is $2,000.
- Applicants will not be funded for more than three consecutive years. [Clarification, 10/8/2015: This rule holds true even if the applicant is applying for a different project in different years.]
- The PCC does not fund fund-raising projects.
- Only one application will be considered from any individual or organization during each grant cycle.
Please read the following guidelines carefully. They are in addition to the LCC Program Guidelines.
- A resume (for an individual) and/or statement (for an organization) detailing the applicant’s qualifications must be included with the application.
- Slides, photographs, and other materials will not be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The project location (i.e., performance venue/gallery space) and date must be secured in advance of application, and if appropriate, a letter of confirmation from the site or sponsor must be included with the application.
- Any changes to the project after approval of the original grant application must be submitted in writing (e-mail is acceptable) and approved by the Pittsfield Cultural Council in advance of those changes.
- The PCC logo MUST be used in all advertising materials for any project the PCC has funded. Those who fail to do so may be ineligible to receive subsequent funding. The PCC logo is available in several formats here.
- Funds granted are paid on a reimbursement basis, following project completion. To apply for reimbursement, use the LCC Reimbursement Form
- Grantees have one year from the date of the award letter to request reimbursement, unless the PCC approves an extension.
Please mail all applications and reimbursement requests to:
Pittsfield Cultural Council
PO Box 1192
Pittsfield, MA 01202-1192
If you have any questions, or if you need help, please contact any member of the Council, or e-mail email@example.com.
An online application will be available September 1, 2016