The application process may vary by community because each Local Cultural Council is authorized to set local guidelines and priorities. It is important to read a council's local guidelines and priorities before applying. Continue reading for more general information about applying, and to access the LCC application forms.
New in FY15: Online Applications
Stay tuned for more information about online applications and upcoming training sessions including online tutorials, webinars, and in-person workshops around the state.
Applicants complete their applications online and submit them
directly to the local cultural council to whom they are applying through the online system.
While all LCCs use the same basic application forms, some
may require supplemental materials from their applicants. These can be uploaded and attached to your online application.
Before submitting an application, applicants should read the
LCC's local guidelines for additional instructions.
Local guidelines can be found on LCC public web pages at www.mass-culture.org/lcc_public.aspx.
Unless a Local Cultural Council prohibits the practice, it may be possible to submit more than one application to a Local Cultural Council. However, because the demand for LCC funds far exceeds the supply, applicants should first contact their Local Cultural Council to discuss whether or not it makes sense to submit more than one application or to prioritize the applications.
If an applicant feels that a program will provide public benefit to more than one community, they may submit an application to more than one LCC.
Back to Top
- MCC announces LCC's state allocations.
- On September 1 MCC makes available online applications for Standard LCC and Field Trip grants.
- On September 1 all councils have posted their local guidelines and priorities to their public webpage. Applicants should visit the webpage of the council to which they are applying to learn of any local criteria. This is also where a council would inform applicants that they require supplemental materials, such as a support letter, to be attached to their online application.
Applicants can begin complete their forms online and upload any required supplemental materials up until the October 15, 2014 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time deadline.
- Between September 1 and the deadline, applicants will access the online system to complete and submit applications. Applicants will visit the MCC’s website and click on a link that will bring them to the online application system. Users will be prompted to create an account with a username and password. Once logged in, users will choose from the Standard and Field Trip applications and begin to complete their form online. Once the application is complete, it can be saved and submitted to the chosen council. Users will receive a confirmation email notifying them that their application has been submitted successfully. Applicants can still apply to more than one council. If an applicant wishes to apply to more than one council they have to complete and submit a new application for each council.
- Grant applications must be submitted to the LCC through the online system by the deadline, October 15, 2014 at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
- After the October 15 deadline, online submissions will be collated by the MCC for each LCC and delivered to the council in the form of a PDF panel book.
- Between November 1 and December 30 councils will hold voting meetings to make decisions on applications, send denial letters, and handle reconsiderations.
- By January 15, 2015 councils will have submitted their Annual Report to the MCC, and will begin to notify successful applicants.
- LCCs process reimbursement requests with their municipality. The time it takes LCCs and cities and towns to process reimbursements varies but can take 4 and 8 weeks.
- Grantees carry out their programs and acknowledge the funding they've received through the MCC/LCC.
Back to Top
Applications and Forms
All applicants should submit their application through the online system. There may be some councils that accept paper applications. Check the council's local guidelines to learn if paper applications are accepted. If they are accepted, please use the following forms:
Field Trip Grant Application (Word)
This application should only be used when requesting a grant
for a cultural field trip for children, grades pre-K through 12.
Standard Grant Application (Word)
This application should be used for all other grant requests.
Back to Top
Glossary: You can preview the glossary before completing an application. The application forms also include terms in blue, underlined text, which you can click on for a definition or more information.
Check back for application resources including online tutorials, sample budgets, and tips for completing the online application.
Back to Top