The Weymouth Cultural Council (WCC) is a volunteer group of Weymouth residents whose purpose is to support local public programs that promote access, education, diversity and excellence in the arts and humanities to benefit the residents of Weymouth.
The WCC has an important role in insuring that cultural opportunities are made accessible to all segments of the community, including children, teens, elders and the disabled. Preference will be given to performances and events located at Weymouth community venues, and established artists and organizations based in Weymouth or supporting the residents of Weymouth.
Programs we will fund include, but are not limited to:
• Community wide gatherings: festivals, concerts, plays, other cultural activities
• School cultural enrichment programs
• Nature, interpretive science, environmental education projects
• Projects celebrating local history, cultural diversity
• Restoration or preservation projects (not related to capital expenditures)
• Neighborhood revitalization
• Local artists' live and work spaces, and professional development
Massachusetts-based individuals, artists, nonprofit community groups, cultural institutions and schools may apply.
In order to apply for an LCC grant, applicants must meet all eligibility and criteria requirements of the LCC Program.
For more detailed information, refer to the full LCC Program Guidelines (PDF).
An online application will be available September 1.
©2001-2016. Massachusetts Cultural Council. All rights reserved.
print this page